Friday, August 17, 2007

Five Albums

Ok, before I start I am not on about the band 5 (Get up, when your down) but this band may well come into your reckoning if you so wish. What I am on about here, is just something based of a conversation I had a few years ago with my sister. We were in HMV or Virgin or somewhere and we were on about certain albums that should be in a persons music collection. You know, there are some albums that most people have and if they don't, they should.

I was thinking about this again yesterday as I was also thinking about which 5 movies should be in a persons collection. So without further ado here doth be mine choices (in no particular order):

Music
1. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
2. Nirvana - Nevermind
3. Guns 'N' Roses - Appetite For Destruction
4. Radiohead - The Bends
5. Massive Attack - Mezzanine

Movies
1. Braveheart
2. Monty Python and The Holy Grail
3. Blade
4. Star Wars (4, 5 and 6 - otherwise known as the first three movies - and yes this may be cheating but I dont care. These should be together)
5. Shrek

To be honest, I don't pretend to be either a movie or music buff (don't really watch many movies or listen to much music) but these are my choices. And as I never really had much of an interest in music prior to 1987 thats why there is nothing older there.

There are other albums that I think most people have like Fatboy Slim (We've come a long way baby), Moby (Play) and others, but I'm not sure if they are really that influential but were rather just really popular at the time.

So..what would your choices be??

No comments: