Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Goodbye 2007

I have to say, like Damien I will be delighted to see the back of 2007. Lots of things have happened this year that will make me glad to move into next year.

We had great news in July only to see the rug pulled from under us in early August. My previous job sucked big time with a new management structure all based in the US and A deciding that people in Cork we surplus to their requirements. I do honestly believe that what they are doing with the Global Servicedesks will not work. This comment is something I have been saying before anything happened with my job. They have a very narrow-minded, shallow idea and it will not work. I do hope though that it backfires and seriously bites them in the ass. Then after agreeing to leave, I was lied to by the management and so I'm really glad to see the back of them.

Finally we have been living in Cobh for the last three years. I can honestly say that I have never, ever, had such a tough time trying to live anywhere. It is almost impossible to integrate into that community and so we had to leave and now live in Dublin. Luckily, with the current climate, we managed to sell our house and hope the new people enjoy the house but we just didn't have the luck.

So, goodbye 2007 and so looking forward to 2008.

No comments: