Wednesday, September 05, 2007

House Husbandry

You know, as much as it pains me to say this but I have really enjoyed having the last four weeks of work. Sure the house has to be clean and the dinner made for the good wife when she gets home, but its great hanging around the house.

Its also mighty for pretending to be cleaning the house when really on the interweb and watching Liverpool DVD's.

In all seriousness, I can see why parents that stay at home with kids do have a full time job. I don't have any kids but each evening you wonder where the feck the day has gone. You ask yourself: what have I done? Where did the day go? Did I achieve anything? In most cases you don't think that certain things take the amount of time they do or maybe in this day and age we all just want things done now and the quicker the better.

So I raise my hat and tip my glass to all those housewifes and househusbands and say fair play to ye.

Now, Im off to surf the web and then twill be dinner time.

No comments: